Sunday, May 29, 2011

Colgate 360 Surround

I was shopping (okay, more like wandering) around in my local Target store.  It was one of those "let's see if anything catches my eye" kind of days.  Ever have those?

And I am a fan of those wonderful CLEARANCE end caps.  Who doesn't like getting a great deal, right?

Cruising thru the Health & Beauty, I spotted toothbrushes on an end cap.  Hmmm... What did I spy?  The Colgate 360 Surround toothbrush -- at 1/3 of the regular price.  Why not give it a shot?  I was due to replace my toothbrush anyway and to get it at a great price, it wouldn't hurt.

I checked out the packaging to read up on what set this toothbrush apart from the others.  Who would've thought that there was so much toothbrush "technology".  This baby has "surround bristles", a "wraparound cleaner", along with a tongue and cheek cleaner built-in.

What does all of the mean?  This toothbrush is suppose to help get our teeth and mouth cleaner for healthier gums and fresh breath.  But I've heard that before. 

Brought this baby home and used it before going to bed.  Okay, where the no-slip grip is placed on the handle seems pretty perfect for me.  And it actually felt nice.  Those "surround" bristles took just a second to get use to but I could definitely feel them reach to my gum line, which felt really nice -- almost like a little gum massage.  Ha.  I did feel as if I had gotten a better tooth brushing from using the Colgate 360 Surround.

This tongue and cheek cleaner side of the toothbrush... good idea for the tongue, since that is where a lot of bad breath bacteria likes to hang out.  But I don't think the inside of my cheeks like it.  It seems to be too rough for my mouth, especially when I'm brushing along the sides of the my top teeth.  It's managed to irritate the tissue so much that I feel a canker sore coming on.  Ugh.  Great.  I hate those.:-/

All in all though, it's a great toothbrush.  Would I have paid $4 for it?  Probably not.  Though I probably would pay the $4 if it didn't irritate the inside on my cheek like it has.

UPDATE 5/31/2011: Yep, the canker sores have arrived.  They're on the inside on my cheek and where the toothbrush rubbed and irritated.  So I'm going to be a tad cranky until they go away because I can't eat some foods without my mouth stinging.  Grrr... :-(

ANOTHER UPDATE 6/12/2011: I did e-mail Colgate about this and they promptly replied to my e-mail the next day and within a few days, I received coupons in the mail for their products, along with a coupon for a FREE Colgate toothbrush.  Well done, customer service. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment