Sunday, June 19, 2011

Magnum Ice Cream Bars


I suspect you've seen the commercials for these Magnum Ice Cream Bars, right?

At first, I wasn't sure if the name was the wisest choice because when I hear the word "magnum", I think of condoms.  But maybe that's just me.

I spotted them on sale at the local grocery store and had a coupon for them, which would make the box of 3 only $1.  I can sacrifice $1 in the name of "research", right?  Plus, they're ice cream bars.  It's pretty hard to screw those up.

This box is the Double Caramel.  So what makes a "Magnum" Double Caramel Ice Cream Bar?

According to the box, it's "Vanilla bean ice cream dipped in a chocolatey coating, caramel sauce and Belgian Mile Chocolate."  Sounds pretty good if you ask me.

When biting into the ice cream bar, if a big piece of the chocolate coating came along with it, I still had that inner layer of chocolate coating and that gooey caramel, that's between the layers, to go.  I have to say that the vanilla bean ice cream is creamy and really quite good.  The Belgian Chocolate is definitely better than just your basic milk chocolate.

I admit, I've gone thru two boxes of the Magnums this week.  My first box box was just the "Classic" and then of course the Double Caramel.  There are two other varieties -- Almond and Double Chocolate.

I'd have to say that the Magnum Ice Cream Bars are definitely better than your average ice cream bar.  I'd buy them again.

I totally suggest that you give them a try.

I think they're really good.  I just don't know if they're "pay full price" good.  That's just me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment