Monday, June 20, 2011

Luggage

I'm trying to find some great luggage.  I want it to be light and tough.  Oh, and with 4 spinning wheels.  I don't know how I went for so long with just two wheels.  Four is just so much better. Most importantly, it has to be able to withstand the abuse of those dudes handling luggage at the airport.  I swear, I think they just beat the crap out of your luggage on purpose.  I've read the tags on some of the luggage that says even though they have a manufacturer's warranty, the piece aren't covered if they're damaged by a third party (i.e., the airport).

Then what happens if your luggage is damaged by the airport gorillas?  How do you proof that they beat the shit out of your $200 suitcase? 

And here's another question: How do you prove TSA took stuff out of your checked bag when they perform a "random search" of your bag, hmmm?  I've even had my checked bag come back to me searched and with the WRONG lock put back on it!  Come on!!  Seriously?!?

So I'm looking around.  I have a sweet Heys brand carry-on that's considered their hybrid bag because it's a cross between soft side and hard.  So I've been scoping out their line even more.  I like the bold colors and designs that they have for their hard side suitcases, but will they come out unscathed and hole-free if they got bashed during handling?  I just keep picturing a my suitcase on the baggage carousel with a huge hole and my clothes just dangling.

Someone recommends Volcom.

I currently have Swiss Army brand for my checked bag.  It's nice.  Four wheels that spin and roll smoothly.  The telescopic handle doesn't pull out as easily anymore because I think it got bashed at the airport during handling.  And the color is like a red/black.  It's cool.  I love that I can spot my luggage pretty easily.  You'd think people would catch on and not have so much black or blue luggage.

Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment